Welcome Parents! We are excited for the 2016-2017 school year at SPC. As your Home & School board, we invite you to get involved in your children's school.
Home & School is a great way to meet other parents and teachers, spend time with your children, and meet their friends. SPC is a vibrant community made up of extraordinary volunteers, exceptional teachers, and a committed school and parish staff. Your involvement and support continues to make this all possible.
There are so many volunteer opportunities both at school and from your home. Please see the volunteer form below for ideas on how you can join this dynamic and vital community!
The St. Paul Home and School Association is the parent organization at St. Paul of the Cross School. The general goal of this organization is to provide opportunities for service to the St. Paul of the Cross School community in keeping with the mission statement of the school. This Association seeks to cooperate with the Pastor, the administration, school board, and faculty in providing a Catholic education for the students.
It operates within the framework of all policies and guidelines of the school and the Archdiocesan Office of Catholic Education. The specific functions of this organization are:
- To promote more effective communication between the school and the home in order to provide continuity of the students' education;
- To sponsor well-planned programs which will encourage the religious, moral, physical, mental, social, and educational growth of the students, the parents and the faculty;
- To create a greater appreciation of Catholic education in its broadest sense;
- To provide and coordinate lay assistance for the school;
- To assist in fundraising for educational items not funded by the school budget.
Home & School members are represented by a five member Board. Board members serve a two-year term, not to exceed one term. We encourage all parents to attend Home & School meetings. Meetings take place every other month in the PLC (Parish Life Center) meeting rooms located in the Upper Grade Center across from the library.