December 1, 2020
Dear SPC Families,
We have officially begun our re-enrollment process for the 2021-2022 school year! While this year has been filled with challenges, St. Paul of the Cross school has many reasons to celebrate! Remaining open in the midst of a global pandemic while strengthening programs and enrollment is no easy task; SPC is blessed to have a strong and vibrant community committed to excellent Catholic education. I pray you will choose to continue your child’s education with us for the following school year.
Please read this letter carefully as it contains pertinent information for the 2021-2022 school year.
Tuition and Fees for the 2021-2022 School Year:
The SPC Finance Committee and the SPC Administration have reviewed current school operations, financial information, budgets, and projections for student enrollment in determining the tuition rates. We also benchmarked our tuition against local Catholic schools to guarantee that we ensure the most equitable tuition possible.
- For the 2021-2022 school year, tuition for all early childhood will increase 3.5%, and Grades K-8 will increase 3.0%.
- If we are permitted to resume field trips next year, we will charge per trip (fingers crossed). At this time we will not be assessing a field trip fee.
Financial Aid Process for the 2021-2022 School Year:
We are strongly committed to the philosophy that no family be denied the opportunity to attend our school for financial reasons. There are a number of opportunities for financial aid and tuition assistance:
IL Tax Credit Scholarship – Scholarships are funded through private donations and are available to eligible students on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information please see https://empowerillinois.org/students
Financial Aid – We will partner with FACTS to process financial aid applications. The financial aid information and process is not available at the moment. Financial Aid applications will open on February 1, 2021. The deadline will be April 15, 2021.
Tentative School Calendar for the 2021-2022 School Year:
Our school calendar will remain tentative until approved by the Office of Catholic Schools. I do not anticipate any significant changes to the calendar, especially to the start and end of school and any major holiday breaks. Please Click Here for our Tentative 2021-2022 School Calendar.
Current Students – Re-Registration Timeline for the 2021-22 School Year:
As always, you are an important part of St. Paul of the Cross School, and we are giving our current families the first priority to re-register your current students or submit an application if you have a new student. It is my hope that all our current families will return to SPC. However, if you have different plans, we kindly request that you indicate your response on your FACTS enrollment page.
⇾Please click here to begin re-enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year. ⇽
Important - please note the following dates and details:
1. Re-registration is now open for the 2021-2022 School Year. The deadline for re-registration is January 20, 2021. You must complete this form even if your plans have changed and you are not returning to SPC. If that is the case, please select will not enroll.
- December 1, 2020-December 31, 2020
Complete your Early Bird re-enrollment. The Early Bird fee is $75 per student.
- January 1, 2021-January 20, 2021
The re-enrollment fee increases to $125 per student.
- After January 20th
The re-enrollment fee increases to $175 per student.
We already have a considerable number of applications for all grades next school year. As of today, if all our students return, we will have a waitlist in January for new applicants in all grades. Beginning on January 21, 2021, we will begin accepting new applicants based on very limited available space. We anticipate similar class sizes to this year and are being cautious with numbers given the uncertainty with COVID-19. If you have not re-registered by January 20, 2021, please do not assume your child’s space is secured.
2. Once you complete the re-enrollment packet, the school office will add your child to the list of registered students and secure your child’s place for the 2021-2022 School Year.
3. Before Care and After Care registration is completed at this time. To secure a spot for your child(ren), please note that it is first come, first served. All submissions do not guarantee a spot. You will be notified by March 1, 2021, if your family is enrolled in the Extended Day Program or if you were placed on a waitlist.
4. Even if this process is completed, your child will not be considered re-registered unless all of this year’s (2020-2021) tuition and fees are current as of Jan. 20, 2021.
Registering a NEW Student from a Current SPC Family:
If you are registering a new student from the same family who has not previously been enrolled at SPC, please submit a new student application. All new students must have a completed application that you can find here.
Step by Step Guide How to Re-enroll Current Students for Next Year:
We are continuing to use FACTS Online Enrollment and you are to use your same enrollment login information that you used this summer. This year we will not be collecting medical forms through this site and will have set days in the summer to turn those in.
- You will know if each section is complete in your packet if you see a green checkmark appear.
- A yellow exclamation point means you need to go back and complete that section.
- Your child is not re-registered until all sections are green and you have submitted your re-enrollment.
Please be sure to click save and next for each section and click complete review and submit when you are finished.
Don’t Forget Green Means Go!
Don’t Forget to Review and Submit.
Dr. Erika Mickelburgh
Other Important Forms & Information
We keep all important forms updated and they can be found on the Parents/Information & Forms page of our website.