At St. Paul of the Cross School, we believe that education stimulates the natural inquisitiveness of children and focuses their desire to learn. We believe that each student is a unique individual who must be encouraged to act positively as part of the Christian community and society in general. We believe that through an enriched prayer life, an awareness of the needs of others, and study of our faith, the student will grow in his/her Catholic life. Our ultimate goal is to involve the students in the mission of Jesus, love of God, and love of their neighbor, and to promote in each of our students a healthy self-concept and respect for society at large. To reach this goal, we set the following objectives: To assist parents, who are the primary educators of their child's growth.
- To develop spirituality through daily prayer, the study of the Lord's work in scripture, and liturgical celebration.
- To assist and guide parents in the preparation of their children for the reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- To recognize all aspects of student growth: spiritual, moral, emotional, physical, and intellectual.
- To design a curriculum which meets the diverse needs of children with provisions for different styles and modes of learning.
- To create an atmosphere where learning is fostered by creative methods encouraging the child to be a self-initiated learner.
“My nine years at St. Paul instilled within me that a well rounded education extends far beyond the classroom walls. St. Paul really provides the opportunity to develop one’s whole self morally, physically, emotionally, and intellectually. My teachers and coaches taught me to dream big. Those dreams began in the classrooms, in the church, and on the basketball court at SPC.”
~Kristen Kelly, University of Notre Dame Class of 2013